I’m looking for a few omega readers and editors to take a fresh look at a little something-something.
Yes, the literary term is “beta editors,” but that’s not what we’re talking about. At all.
Beta editing is for rough drafts and nancypants.
Omega editing is closers, for the final shebang, and – by definition – omega editing CRANKS EVERY DIAL TO 11.
Who am I looking for, exactly? Not the usual suspects, though if you name is Keyser Soze, you’re in.
If you insist on the proper usage of “whom” even though it’s deader than Justin Bieber’s music career, you’re out
I’m shooting for fresh eyes from far-off places:
- a poet from Poland
- a screenwriter from Sweden
- a novelist from New Zealand
- a freelance writer from Finland
- a short-story writer from South Africa
- and yes, and editor from Estonia, because I’m running out of alliteration options here.
If you’re up for it and like bleeding red on pages FULL OF WORDS, hit me. Write a witty comment, tweet @speechwriterguy or send me secret email using the Series of Tubes.
- Why critique groups MUST DIE
- The evil secret to all writing: editing is everything
- Bad Writing: The Six Horsemen of the Writepocalypse
- Why every man MUST read a romance – and every woman a thriller
Reformed journalist. Scribbler of speeches and whatnot. Wrote a thriller that won some award (PNWA 2013). Represented by Jill Marr of the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency.