I’ve got a long road trip and 10 days of no exercise allowed after a spot of surgery (it’s not a tumor!).
So I need things to read. You know, book-like substances, printed bits of dead trees.
And I want a honking pile of them.
Therefore, good people, my plea is simple. Sock it to me:
- Nominate a popular book that’s actually horrible and I’ll bleed red all over the first page
- Tell me your Favorite Book of All Time so I have something delicious to chew for hours
- Hit me up on Twitter, gmail or the comment sections if you want to collaborate on an insanely creative and secret project
- Give me a movie or music video you want dissected and taken apart, to see how it works like magic or smashes into the hard, heartless rock named Fail
- If you’re not a nancypants who’ll wind up in therapy, ship me the first page of your WIP and I may ink it up and whip it back, because EDITING IS CRAZY FUN
Also: You’re right, that headline riffs on a Don Henley song. Here it is, live.
The Red Pen of Doom’s Greatest Hits Collection: 10 Epic Posts
- Epic Black Car deserves good owner; are you worthy?
- The Mother of All Query Letters
- Why every man MUST read a romance – and every woman a thriller
- The Red Pen of Doom impales FIFTY SHADES OF GREY
- The Twitter, it is NOT for selling books
- A BOWL OF WARM MILK AND MURDER
- 30 achy breaky Twitter mistakeys
- Writing secret: Light as air, strong as whiskey, cheap as dirt
- The Red Pen of Doom murders THE FOUNTAINHEAD by Ayn Rand
- Quirks and legs matter more than talent and perfection
Reformed journalist. Scribbler of speeches and whatnot. Wrote a thriller that won some award and is represented by Jill Marr of the Dijkstra Literary Agency.