Crows are wicked smart. I’ve watched them pick up nuts, fly, then drop them on the asphalt.
This wild crow, nicknamed 007, solved a crazy complicated puzzle the very first time he saw it.
Brilliant. It’s one thing for smart birds to show off after they’ve been trained for a lifetime to, I don’t know, sing Broadway tunes or tell dirty jokes. It’s another thing for a wild crow to pop in, spot some yummy food in the puzzle and do all this stuff using tools to get at it. I believe octopus (octupi?) can do similar stuff, like unscrewing jars and such, so it’s only a matter of time before the SyFy Channel comes up with CROWTOPUS EATS MANHATTAN and then CROWTOPUS VERSUS SHARKNADO.
007 the Crow, I salute you.
The Red Pen of Doom’s Greatest Hits Collection: 10 Epic Posts
- Epic Black Car deserves good owner; are you worthy?
- The Mother of All Query Letters
- Why every man MUST read a romance – and every woman a thriller
- The Red Pen of Doom impales FIFTY SHADES OF GREY
- The Twitter, it is NOT for selling books
- A BOWL OF WARM MILK AND MURDER
- 30 achy breaky Twitter mistakeys
- Writing secret: Light as air, strong as whiskey, cheap as dirt
- The Red Pen of Doom murders THE FOUNTAINHEAD by Ayn Rand
- Quirks and legs matter more than talent and perfection
Reformed journalist. Scribbler of speeches and whatnot. Wrote a thriller that won some award (PNWA 2013). Represented by Jill Marr of the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency.