One of the best things about late night on the Glowing Tube is this man named Jimmy Fallon, who recently took over the Tonight Show from Captain Lantern Jaw (hey, the ’70s called, and they want their hair back, then the ’50s called, asking for their jokes back).
In all seriousness about men paid millions to be silly on the teevee, it did feel like Jay Leno was a cartoon from the ’50s, telling jokes that were stale when my grandfather heard them. Nice guy and all. Just boring.
Jimmy the Fallon, on the other hand, is an innovation machine.
Slow-jamming the news was one thing. Now he’s got BriWi (Brian Williams) doing classic rap songs, and the results keep getting better. Check it out.
Related posts: Music Video Monday’s Greatest Hits
- ICE, ICE BABY as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- The Red Pen of Doom shoots up Train’s DRIVE BY
- ELECTRIC AVENUE, as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- Music Video Deathmatch: Lady Gaga vs Justin Bieber
- ENTER THE NINJA by Die Antwoord
Reformed journalist. Scribbler of speeches and whatnot. Wrote a thriller that won some award (PNWA 2013). Represented by Jill Marr of the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency.