So this Jessie Ware, if you haven’t heard of her, is talented and different and old school mates with some singer named Adele and some other singer named Florence, as in Florence and the Machine.
If you like music, and music videos, you’ll like what she does here.
Many, many rock and pop stars tend to make videos that all look the same, and I mean that both ways: every video they make looks like (a) every other video they’ve ever made and (b) every other video made by similar artists. This has been true since Hair Bands put on their first pair of spandex pants in 1982 and will be true forever.
Jessie the Ware tries something different every time, and here she tries something simple and stark and interesting: just her, a plain background and a swiveling chair.
I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.
Related posts: Music Video Monday’s Greatest Hits
- Insane music video + lyrics – EXCELLENT HORSE-LIKE LADY
- The Red Pen of Doom shoots up Train’s DRIVE BY
- ICE, ICE BABY as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- Music Video Deathmatch: Lady Gaga vs Justin Bieber
- SUGAR WE’RE GOING DOWN by Fall Out Boy
- ELECTRIC AVENUE, as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- Music Video Monday: Florence + The Machine
- THE KILL by 30 Seconds to Mars
- TAKE ON ME by A-Ha
- ENTER THE NINJA by Die Antwoord
- COUNTDOWN by Beyonce and some genius student in a snuggie
Reformed journalist. Scribbler of speeches and whatnot. Wrote a thriller that was a finalist for some award.