So I heard this song on the radio about 5,092 gazillion times, and still liked it, and wondered, “Who’s singing a duet with the lead singer of Aerosmith, who has to be 94 years old by now?”
But it’s not Aerosmith; it’s a band called Walk Off the Earth, and I instantly recognized them for something else. Hold that thought.
Here’s the video:
So where had I heard them before? Hadn’t. I’d seen them before, doing an incredible cover of Gotye with all five band members singing different parts while playing the SAME GUITAR.
Brilliant. It must have taken days of practice and a zillion retakes to get this in one shot.
Related posts: Music Video Monday’s Greatest Hits
- Insane music video + lyrics – EXCELLENT HORSE-LIKE LADY
- The Red Pen of Doom shoots up Train’s DRIVE BY
- ICE, ICE BABY as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- Music Video Deathmatch: Lady Gaga vs Justin Bieber
- SUGAR WE’RE GOING DOWN by Fall Out Boy
- ELECTRIC AVENUE, as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- Music Video Monday: Florence + The Machine
- THE KILL by 30 Seconds to Mars
- TAKE ON ME by A-Ha
- ENTER THE NINJA by Die Antwoord
- COUNTDOWN by Beyonce and some genius student in a snuggie
Reformed journalist. Scribbler of speeches and whatnot. Wrote a thriller that was a finalist for some award.