This is one of the first music videos to feature some sort of story.
You know, a plot instead of (a) the lead singer emoting into the microphone while (b) the rest of the band pretends to play their instruments for the 45th time until (c) the director finally calls it good.
Because this is a piece of epic music history, 12 years from now, somebody will write their doctoral thesis on it. If you are that person, please research whether the female lead’s hairdo was an accidental homage to Princess Diana or totally on purpose. Kthxbai.
Related posts: Music Video Monday’s Greatest Hits
- Insane music video + lyrics – EXCELLENT HORSE-LIKE LADY
- The Red Pen of Doom shoots up Train’s DRIVE BY
- ICE, ICE BABY as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- Music Video Deathmatch: Lady Gaga vs Justin Bieber
- SUGAR WE’RE GOING DOWN by Fall Out Boy
- ELECTRIC AVENUE, as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- Music Video Monday: Florence + The Machine
- THE KILL by 30 Seconds to Mars
- TAKE ON ME by A-Ha
- ENTER THE NINJA by Die Antwoord
- COUNTDOWN by Beyonce and some genius student in a snuggie
Reformed journalist. Scribbler of speeches and whatnot. Wrote a thriller that was a finalist for some award.