My friend Max (short for Maxima, though if it were short for Maximus that would also be cool in a GLADIATOR way) has introduced me to Macklemore.
He’s a Seattle rapper famous for the THRIFT STORE song and video, which is worth an entirely post by itself.
I’d heard Macklemore’s songs on the radio and such, but not the music videos, seeing how MTV doesn’t play vids anymore because, you know, wall-to-wall Jersey Shore nonsense and such. Snooki needs her screen time.
This video is long and courageous and well done.
I salute you, Macklemore, for having the range to do a hilarious romp like THRIFT STORE and the guts to do this quiet little beauty.
Related posts: Music Video Monday’s Greatest Hits
- Insane music video + lyrics – EXCELLENT HORSE-LIKE LADY
- The Red Pen of Doom shoots up Train’s DRIVE BY
- ICE, ICE BABY as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- Music Video Deathmatch: Lady Gaga vs Justin Bieber
- SUGAR WE’RE GOING DOWN by Fall Out Boy
- ELECTRIC AVENUE, as interpreted by the Red Pen of Doom
- Music Video Monday: Florence + The Machine
- THE KILL by 30 Seconds to Mars
- TAKE ON ME by A-Ha
- ENTER THE NINJA by Die Antwoord
- COUNTDOWN by Beyonce and some genius student in a snuggie
Reformed journalist. Scribbler of speeches and whatnot. Wrote a thriller that won some award (PNWA 2013). Represented by Jill Marr of the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency.