Criminal Element is a great mystery/thriller blog, done by professional peoples in the Manhattan.
Go read these things I wrote for them. DO IT NOW.
Who’s the toughest of the literary tough guys? I put eight master detectives vs. eight spies, assassins and anti-heroes in a fight to the death. But first they have to find the other…
Eight master detectives
1) Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
2) Jack Reacher by Lee Child
3) Philip Marlowe by Raymond Chandler
4) Dave Robicheaux by James Lee Burke
5) Spenser by Robert B. Parker
6) Easy Rawlins by Walter Mosley
7) Harry Bosch by Michael Connelly
8) Mike Hammer by Mickey Spillane
Eight spies, assassins and anti-heroes
1) James Bond by Ian Fleming
2) Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
3) John Rain by Barry Eisler
4) Quiller by Elleston Trevor
5) Jack Ryan by Tom Clancy
6) Skink by Carl Hiaasen
7) Hannibal Lecter by Thomas Harris
8) George Smiley by John Le Carré
Reformed journalist. Scribbler of speeches and whatnot. Wrote a thriller that was a finalist for some award.